Old July 28th 03, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

Cal Nihoni wrote:
Ed Crowley wrote:
It would be nice if RMs were retained, even if it was only for tourist
services. Personally, I think the bendy buses are much better
(faster than a RM, less dangerous than a double-decker).

I dunno about less dangerous, having seen the bendy buses on the roads in
London I reckon a total mashing of either a car or an innocent pedestrian is
not far off.

I don't know either. My worry is that no-one is trying to find out in
case they don't like the answer. Collision statistics must be gathered
separately for bendy buses and ordinary ones, and no-one will tell me if
this is being done or not.

HGVs kill most of the cyclists who die on London roads - it is at least
possible that bendy buses will be equally dangerous.

Colin McKenzie