Old August 27th 04, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Travelcard Peak/Off Peak

Peter Zinckgraf wrote:
richard wrote:

I'm going to London for the first time in a couple weeks. There's
very little price difference between a Peak Day TravelCard and an
Off Peak Day TravelCard, I'm not exactly sure though when one can
be used and when one can't. I can't find anywhere that lists when
peak times are and when it;s not possible to use my Off Peak
Travelcard? can anyone give me an idea? or is it better to just
purchase the peak card?

if you stay for more than one day, I'd consider buying a Visitor
Travelcard, which is available in various flavours and AFAIK does
not have any daytime restrictions.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...isitor-travelc
ard.shtml

Vistor Travelcards are designed for overseas visitors, and cannot be
purchased after arrival in London. In the UK, they can be purchased
only as part of a London holiday package through certain travel agents.
They work out more expensive than one-day or weekly Travelcards unless
full use is made of the discounts to tourist attractions.
--
Richard J.