Old August 28th 04, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David B David B is offline

Default Why does the X68 exist?

"Rupert Candy" wrote in message
m...
As a resident of West Norwood I'm delighted that someone thinks we're
important enough to merit an express bus service. But why has this
strange relic survived? I know the 68 was split in two a while ago,
but would be fascinated to hear if anyone knows more about the
history...

For one thing it is a direct link between West Croydon and Central London
without having to change. I used to drive number 68. the X68 could be
significantly quicker especially if there were a bus or 2 missing in front
of me.