Old August 28th 04, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oystercard picked from pocket

In message , at 07:52:15 on
Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Christian Hansen
remarked:
Hmm, is that a valid excuse. On the bus, inspector comes on, claim you had
a pre-pay oyster but it's been lifted.

Same with the tube.

It didn't apply in this case, as I was getting off the bus at the time.

I don't know whether it would be a valid excuse were an inspector to demand it
while I was on the bus or the Tube (BTW, I can't remember the last time I
encountered an inspector on the Tube). I'm sure it's not the first time and it
won't be the last time that such a thing has happened.

It's a non-issue surely, as the use of the Oyster to board the bus will
have been logged centrally. (Or captured locally, to be logged
centrally, later).