Old August 29th 04, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Why does the X68 exist?

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
"Robert Woolley" wrote in message

I understand that this was reviewed by London Buses
and the view was that the service was worth keeping.

If so, aren't similar services elsewhere worth introducing?

Indeed - it's hard to see why the 68 is such a special case! ISTR
there being an X43 about 10 years ago (it was called "Red Route" or
something similarly silly and I think it went all the way to Potters
Bar). Were there any others within recent memory? I suppose the 607 to
Uxbridge is a similar beast, really.

Any suggestions for new routes that should be introduced? X133 (first
stop Streatham) would seem a likely one to me, and perhaps X53 and X25
(both of which seem very busy and are long routes).