Old August 29th 04, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Why does the X68 exist?

John Ray wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

"Robert Woolley" wrote in message

I understand that this was reviewed by London Buses
and the view was that the service was worth keeping.

If so, aren't similar services elsewhere worth introducing?

There are, I think, a few other routes with non-stop sections, e.g.
the 96 between Dartford and Bluewater.

There's also the 607 (Shepherd's Bush to Uxbridge) limited-stop service
over the same route as the all-stops 207.

I notice that the X68 is pick-up only between West Croydon and West
Norwood in the mornings, and similarly between Russell Square and
Waterloo in the evening peak. Are there any other London buses with
pick-up-only or set-down-only restrictions in mid-route?

--
Richard J.