Old August 29th 04, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default UB8 to CR9

Phil wrote:
(James) wrote in message
. com...
2. Picc to South Ken, District to Vic, Train to East Croydon

Baron's Court or Hammersmith are FAR easier interchanges than
South Ken.

But you get far more trains
ie circle line

Yes, it depends whether the fastest journey is more important than ease
of interchange. By changing from Picc to District/Circle at South
Kensington, you get the ex-Wimbledon trains as well as the Circle, you
avoid a possible wait at Earl's Court for a change of driver, and
there's one station skipped (West Kensington).

However, on the District I've quite often overtaken a stationary
Piccadilly e/b train at Barons Court. Is that a timing/regulation point
in addition to Hyde Park Corner? (Cue Steve!)
--
Richard J.