Old August 30th 04, 03:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default Sink estates (was London's traffic problems solved)

This is not my experience. In my ward there are two council estates
built almost opposite each other within a few years in the 1970s,
one of which was well designed and the other of which was very badly
designed. Both were populated by people from the Westminster City
Council housing list. The well-designed estate has a consistently
low crime rate and very little vandalism; the badly-designed one has
lots of crime and anti-social behaviour.

Not being familiar with the location you allude to, could you explain
what aspects of each estate you consider to be examples of good and
bad design?