Old August 30th 04, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Roadside bus ticket machines

On 30 Aug 2004 00:08:38 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

The commercial awareness bit comes from offering an alternative called
Oyster Pre Pay or Saver tickets both of which offer a hefty discount
over paying cash and which are convenient to use.

Why is it beyond the wit of TFL to extend Oyster to one-day Travelcards?

I don't think it is. I've commented many times as to why it is a
difficult thing to do and TfL have opted to go the capping route. I'm
sure it will arrive soon but it is difficult to get right so that
passengers are not inconvenienced or wrongly charged. I won't go into
details again because everyone will fall asleep.
--
Paul C