Old September 1st 04, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default LUL track gauge not the same as BR gauge?

I was reading a book by Brian Hardy about the tube trains on the Isle of
Wight and he states that the LUL track gauge is 4 foot 8.75 inches but the
BR gauge is 4 ft 8.5 and that this caused issues initially. Is this a true
statement (perhaps he was misinformed?) as it seems amazing to me and if it
is does it cause any operational issues on shared tracks such as on the
Bakerloo and Met?

B2003