Old September 1st 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

"dwb" wrote in message
Paul Weaver wrote:
Helen Mayhew
"dwb" wrote in message
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:25:27 on Wed, 1 Sep
2004, dwb remarked:
I'm a bit confused, what exactly was the bus doing wrong?

Sounds like it was stopped in a mandatory bike lane. A very common
offence.

Aren't bike lanes also frequently bus lanes?

Not in this case.

Was there somewhere else for the bus to be? Sounds like you had the
pavement - what did the bus have?

No, I didn't have the pavement. Unlike the majority of cyclists I obey the
rules of the road and ride on the road, not the pavement - the domain of
pedestrians.

The bus could have stayed on his part of the highway, same as evrey car and
lorry I passed. If it was too wide to fit (it wasn't), then it shouldn't
have been driving down that road.
--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.