Old September 1st 04, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
vernon levy vernon levy is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

I said to him - very politely, as he was taking down the details of the
car he'd damaged - "excuse me, I thought you were too close to me as
well." He dismissed me rudely, saying he'd been "miles away" from me.

I wrote to the bus company, and got a polite letter apologising for the
incident and saying the driver had been sent on extra training.

Not quite the same as the 'threat' to personal safety posed by a stationary
vehicle. Some folk invite rude behaviour from others by the self-righteous
stances that they assume. In a previous thread I, mentioned that at my most
agitated I might shake my head in disbelief or mock sorrow at the
misdemeanours of other road users and get on with the rest of my life.
Getting worked up and taking the time to write about a parked bus indicates
a serious lack of laissez faire. Move on forget it. I doubt a sacking will
take place. London would grind to a standstill if all transport employees
were sacked on demand because of their rude behaviour.