Old September 1st 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer Danny Colyer is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

John Rowland wrote:
Anyone who drives a car will be delayed on a regular basis by cyclists. This
time the cyclist was delayed by the motor vehicle. It happens. Get over it.

Interesting. In 14 years of driving I have never actually been delayed
by a cyclist. There have been occasions when I've had to wait until it
was safe to pass a cyclist, but after getting past it never takes long
to catch up with the next traffic jam.

OTOH, as a cyclist I have been delayed by motorists on a few thousand
occasions [1]. Usually only small delays, but very real delays nonetheless.

[1] Yes, really. At a rough estimate I have made about 4000 cycle
journeys at rush hour. Most of those journeys will have involved more
than one delay resulting from the congestion caused by motor vehicles.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/