Old September 2nd 04, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Gunnar Thöle Gunnar Thöle is offline

Default Emission Free bus on Route 25

Neil Williams schrieb:
standard diesel bus with only the diesel parts removed and an electric
motor dropped in, leaving the transmission and gearbox and everything
intact.

This strikes me as a bit silly and inefficient, seeing as the reason

[clutch and gearbox on electric buses]
Yes, of course, from an engineering standpoint this is really very silly.
Its the economics that make sense, they say.

Transport problem: The Hamburg fuel cell buses are quite nice i think,
but they have one design flaw: Somebody mounted a video screen directly
in front of the "next stop" sign.
The video screen shows a film about how great fuel cell buses are. The
next stop sign shows the name of the next stop (!) but it can't be seen
by most bus users!

I pointed that out to the bus company and the response i got was like
"Yes, we know. We are planning to display the next stop on the video
screen like on the Underground". (On the underground you can watch an
information and commercials programme that is interrupted for a few
seconds to show the next stop name which i hate because you have to look
at the damned thing all the time if you want to catch the name of the
next stop)