Old September 2nd 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

dwb wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 1 Sep 2004:

Um, the bus lanes that I see in London have solid white lines, so not sure
how that works :/

Usually extremely badly, as last night. We were doing our monthly drive
from Brixton to Alexandra Palace, and, going north up Woburn Place,
discovered that our lane is now divided into two, with a permanent bus
lane and one traffic lane. Unfortunately, on the other side of the
road, there is no bus lane, and a parked car diverted an oncoming bus
into our lane. We *had* to go slightly into the bus lane, as there was
no other option left open - I wonder whether the reason will show if the
cameras we saw were working, or whether we'll get £100 fine because we
were in the bus lane....

Then when we got to Kentish Town Road, our way was suddenly blocked by
roadworks, and a diversion set up. This helpfully signposted us where
we should go - but "Diversion Ends" signs appeared and we had absolutely
no idea where we were! It took a bit of trial and error before we
discovered we were on Highgate Hill, and more before we found a familiar
landmark. But that's another story.....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/