Old September 2nd 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

"vernon levy" wrote in message

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
into our lane. We *had* to go slightly into the bus lane, as there

was
no other option left open - I wonder whether the reason will show if

the
cameras we saw were working, or whether we'll get £100 fine because we
were in the bus lane....

The bus forced its way onto your side of the road? It's the busses fault
then, I trust you took it's number an made a formal complaint.

Get a life! Re-read the original posting below and justify your above
interpretation.

As I understand it, the bus passed into an oncoming lane of traffic to get
arround a parked car. What it should have done was sat there and waited for
a gap in the oncoming traffic (or a kindly soul that let him through)

Unfortunately, on the other side of the
road, there is no bus lane, and a parked car diverted an oncoming bus
into our lane.

So the parked car (assuming it was illegally parked) was at fault. That
doesn't negate the illegal action of the bus driver, or the illegal action
of Annabel. The only exception would be if the bus pulled out infront of
Anabel before she had time to stop and she had to swerve to avoid collision.
In that case the bus driver is at fault for dangerous driving.

I think you should have a spell as a bus driver and experience the

stresses
and strains of trying to maintain a public service to a timetable in an

We all have stresses and strains in our jobs, we dont all break the law to
cope with those stresses and strains.

If it's justifable to break traffic laws because you have a timetable?
Perhaps we should legalise speeding for taxi drivers. And what about
commuters that are racing to work to provide a public service? If it's OK
for bus drivers to ignore traffic laws, it's ok for anyone. I dont care how
stressed they are, I'm sure the city broker trying to get to work is much
more stressed. It's part of the job.