Old July 29th 03, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

On 29 Jul 2003 10:53:29 GMT Mait001 wrote:
} This is something about Oystercards which is annoying me already. Up to
} now, it was possible to walk on the right past the person who is paying
} the driver in cash, whilst waving your Travelcard, and then just walk
} down the bus.
}
} Now, I have to queue up on the left side of the door, so that I can
} reach the Oystercard reader.
}
} Good - I HATE it when people behind me queue jump just because I am paying for
} a ticket and someone behind thinks they have the right to get past me just
} because they have a pass. I normally try to stand in such a way as to prevent
} queue-jumping anyway.

But those of us with a pass (or now Oyster) have already paid. Having
pre-loaded tfl and other operators' coffers we clearly deserve seats or
at least comfortable standing positions far more than you unplanning
types delaying the bus with your ticket buying.

Matthew
--
Il est important d'être un homme ou une femme en colère; le jour où nous
quitte la colère, ou le désir, c'est cuit. - Barbara

http://www.calmeilles.co.uk/