Old September 2nd 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default LUL track gauge not the same as BR gauge?

In article ,
Boltar wrote:
I was reading a book by Brian Hardy about the tube trains on the Isle of
Wight and he states that the LUL track gauge is 4 foot 8.75 inches but the
BR gauge is 4 ft 8.5 and that this caused issues initially.

The issue I read of, I don't know how far true though, was that the
Standard stock's hardened steel tyres wore the rails down excessivly
fast when they first went to the IoW.

Nick
--
"And we will be restoring neurotypicality just as soon as we are sure
what is normal anyway. Thank you". -- not quite DNA