Old September 4th 04, 04:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default Sad day for London and farewell to faithful friends

Today, for those of you that don't know it, sees the largest withdrawal of
Routemaster buses from London since the current withdrawals began last year:
from tomorrow, Routemasters will be no more on routes 9, 73 and 390.

The *******s!!! How can they wreck the 73 like that?!?

My only regret is that (through work commitments) I cannot participate in any
of the special runs taking place today to mark this sad day.

Nor me, I'm about to go to Cardiff, of all god-forsaken places.

Only a handful of Routemaster-operated routes remain - they wil not do so for
much longer. For those that care - cherish the opportunity to travel on these
few routes (from memory) 12, 14, 19, 22, 36, 159 whilst you can!

None of which are a hell of a lot of use to me :-(

Farewell friendly Routemasters - may you ever reign supreme in our affections.

Maybe we should start a campaign to lobby parliament to legislate that
all buses from Victoria to Oxford St should be Routemasters ;-)