Old September 4th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default East London Line Extension (Who's gonna control it?)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:32:04 +0000 (UTC), "Piccadilly Pilot"
wrote:

wrote in message
Christine wrote:
With the majority of the East London Line running on Network Rail
metals, would it not be prudent to hand over the control of the line
to Network Rail?

As far as I'm aware the ELL doesn't use a single foot of network rail
track, its all LUL owned. Do you think Network Rail and some profit-at-
all-costs TOC would do a better job of running the railway than LUL? I

don't.

Blimey, is this a smidgin of praise for LU?

Doubtful - I imagine in Boltar world that LU is rated as appallingly
awful but Network Rail and the TOCs are so awful as to be beyond
redemption.

In other words we're all crap.
--
Paul C