Old September 4th 04, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Sad day for London and farewell to faithful friends

You missed route 13 from Golders Green to Aldwych which is rumoured to
be losing its recently modernised Routemasters very soon to former route
9 RMLs. Note this is a rumour that has just emerged and it may have no
foundation at all.

Yes, I think I also missed the 38.

Farewell friendly Routemasters - may you ever reign supreme in our

affections.

Yep - I cannot imagine what the events will be like when the very last
one leaves service if the experience of the last days of route 8 and now
9/73 and 390 are anything to go by.
--
Paul C

Writing as someone who was at Barking on the last day of the RT in April 1979
(the Routemaster's predecessor) I would imagine it to be a very sad day indeed.
At least in 1979 we could still look forward to RMs and RMLs after the last RTs
had gone. What do we have to look forward to now? Self-combustible bendy-buses.
Greenhouse-like double deckers?

Marc.