Old September 4th 04, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default The Tube

Piccadilly Pilot wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 4 Sep 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:
Nevertheless, there's no excuse for frontline staff not to be
courteous.
At a minimum, "Sorry, but those [expletive of choice] upstairs haven't
bothered telling me!" is better than "Dunno!"

I agree, but then try it several dozen/hundred times a day, every day. I
suspect that even the most well motivated individual would get quite
seriously fed up (using an exceptionally polite term) with being let down by
those who won't communicate. And that happens everywhere.

Indeed, very true. Nevertheless, there *are* station staff who manage
to retain a sense of humour, and can make passengers feel a lot better
about delays - witness a certain man at Canary Wharf station some months
ago now, who had everybody laughing so hard they could barely get on the
train!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/