Old September 5th 04, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Niklas Karlsson Niklas Karlsson is offline

Default Sad day for London and farewell to faithful friends

In article , Annabel Smyth wrote:

Surely that should read *especially* on some modern buses? And trains,
too, for that matter. I am overweight, but not as badly as some people,
and I find modern train seats so tiny that a journey of more than ten
minutes or so is a penance!

I personally find Routemasters, VEPs, and especially CIGs far, far more
comfortable than their modern equivalents!

At 6' and thin as a stick, I'm within the "loading gauge" for most
train/bus seats (though I do have the problem of my legs being crammed
up against the seat in front of me on many buses), but I agree
wholeheartedly with Annabel's statement! The designers of slammers like
VEPs and CIGs seemed at least dimly aware that actual humans would be
using their vehicles...

Niklas
--
"If one loop goes HX-T4-T123-HX and the other goes HX-T123-T5-HX, then the
diagram will need to resemble a pair of testicles at the end of the line, no?"