Old July 29th 03, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

On 29 Jul 2003 16:25:53 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

The fact that you have prepaid your ticket does not give you some moral
precedence over those of us who choose, for whatever reason, to buy an
individual ticket. Moreover, queue-jumping is simply wrong, in ANY
circumstances.

The typical British bus queue is one of the things that slows down bus
boarding in this country. In Europe, where "mob sport" prevails,

For this reason, I feel those with passes should be able to "jump the
queue", preferably without the pass needing to be shown.

I say this as someone who uses buses infrequently, and therefore
normally paying individual fares as yourself (in Milton Keynes; in
London I tend to have a Travelcard). While I may lose the chance of a
good seat, my journey will be quicker - a clear benefit for all.

Neil