Old September 5th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Alan J. Flavell Alan J. Flavell is offline

Default Validity of +Any Permnitted during engineering works

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Chris wrote:

I think that whilst "+" does mean valid for a cross-London transfer, it
*doesn't* mean that it is valid for any tube journey to get to King's
Cross.

Putney - Train/tube connection - KX - Peterborough - Local station
was the intended and valid route and I would have gotten the replacement bus
from Putney if they were more frequent and not full

My understanding from what I've read here is that the + entitles the
holder to enter and leave LUL only at specific defined interchange
stations; *not* at any tube station of their own choosing.

But when everything's gone pear-shaped, I would have thought you could
ask permission to do something constructive. Maybe even get some kind
of endorsement, to show that you'd asked.

One of the unpleasant things about PT is that passenger initiative in
helping to solve problems seems to be unwelcome. One is supposed to
put oneself into the hands of the system, and await whatever befalls.
It's no wonder that so many folks prefer private car.