Old September 6th 04, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Sad day for London and farewell to faithful friends

Neil Williams:
If it wasn't for the sue-everyone culture, there could quite
easily be an open-platform version of such a bus developed.

Adrian Chapman:
And yet California - the home of that sue-everything culture -
manages to retain the San Francisco cablecar, with passengers
hanging off the outside like lemmings...

The trick is, first you get them declared a National Historic Landmark.

(Having said that, I don't know if this has actually been a factor in
any court cases; but it seems likely enough.)
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "I seem to have become a signature quote."
-- David Keldsen