Old September 6th 04, 08:07 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Piccadilly Pilot Piccadilly Pilot is offline

Default You couldn't make it up!

Jonathan Stott wrote:
M J Forbes wrote:

"Ian F." wrote in message

Mrs. Ian: "Can I have a ticket to Boundary Zone 3 please?"
Ticket office woman: "No, sorry - I'm on my break."

Doesn't surprise me at all. Having lived in that area during the
university years, and having revisited recently, it seems that
despite the superb refurb/rebuild of what was once an awful station,
Silverlink & NR can't be bothered to endure the employment procedure
to find "customer-facing" staff that actually enjoy working with
strangers.

At least at my local station they have the politeness to shut the
window
and put a notice up to tell you to use the machine.

Or even arrange a relief booking clerk (or insert this week's title) while
the person takes their break.