Old September 6th 04, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default The Tube

(CIG_BIG_CIG) wrote in message . com...
For the staff who knows. But this programme never gives the passengers point
of view who "never stop whinging" according to our plucky heroinne down at
Kings Cross on last nights show. Maybe she'd whinge too if she had to pay
through the nose for a 2nd rate service with constant delays , unhelpful
staff ("Why the delay?" "Dunno", "When will the trains run again" "Dunno",
"Is there an alternative bus?" "Dunno", "Whats the bloody point of
you being here standing around in your Captain Scarlett uniform?" "Dunno"),
constant heard-it-all-before excuses, 50% of ticket machines always out of
order and only 1 person in the ticket office (victoria is especially good
for that) and general lack of information.

Are any of the things you mention down to the frontline staff the
programme portrays? Do they intentionally bust the machines to wind
you up? Is it their fault they are not told what the problem may be?

The machines are usually bust. They're usually "No change given". Which means
unless you have exactly the right money you can't use them. And yes that is
the staffs fault, they're supposed to refill them.

Its people with an attitude like yours which make an already difficult
job more difficult. If you dont like it, dont travel. If you have to
travel and dont like it go and moan to a manager, DONT blame the
frontline staff.

Why not? Its not the managers I've got surly and unhelpful replies from
when asking for information. Its not the managers who bugger off to the tea
room as soon as theres a delay and passengers need info. I'm not saying that
all the station staff and unhelpful muppets , some I'm sure do a great job,
but theres a large minority off them who simply don't give a toss.

But no doubt someone will say I'm just being mean to poor LUL again and should shutup and just put up with it. Yeah , whatever.

No you shouldnt 'put up with it' you should make your complaint in the
right place.

And that will do what exactly?

B2003