Old September 6th 04, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default West London Tram Proposal

In article , Arthur Figgis
] writes
There is one in Ottawa, with a dedicated busway from the city centre
to the out-of-town railway station (and beyond, but I didn't venture
further).

I used it the other day to get to and from the airport. And, yes, I was
quite impressed by the operation - it didn't have any traffic problems
and it was run like a separate tramway. The buses are multi-part artics.

The service was well patronised for much of its length when I used it
and it was cheap.

The buses are trying to be trams, but the dedicated roads
are wider than a tramway would be. They run on normal roads in the
centre.

This is very true. There's room for one vehicle to pass another in each
direction (it's a dual carriageway).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: