Old September 6th 04, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default East London Line Extension (Who's gonna control it?)

In article ,
writes
With the majority of the East London Line running on Network Rail
metals, would it not be prudent to hand over the control of the line
to Network Rail?

As far as I'm aware the ELL doesn't use a single foot of network rail
track, its all LUL owned.

ELLE phase 1 consists of Dalston to New Cross and West Croydon, I
believe; I'm not clear if Crystal Palace is included. On this basis:
- LU track (including new) 10.41 km (of which 3.55 km is new)
- NR track 12.31 km (plus 1.73 km to Crystal Palace).

"majority" sounds right to me.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: