Old September 6th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
M. J. Powell M. J. Powell is offline

Default You couldn't make it up!

In message , Piccadilly Pilot
writes
Jonathan Stott wrote:
M J Forbes wrote:

"Ian F." wrote in message

Mrs. Ian: "Can I have a ticket to Boundary Zone 3 please?"
Ticket office woman: "No, sorry - I'm on my break."

Doesn't surprise me at all. Having lived in that area during the
university years, and having revisited recently, it seems that
despite the superb refurb/rebuild of what was once an awful station,
Silverlink & NR can't be bothered to endure the employment procedure
to find "customer-facing" staff that actually enjoy working with
strangers.

At least at my local station they have the politeness to shut the
window
and put a notice up to tell you to use the machine.

Or even arrange a relief booking clerk (or insert this week's title) while
the person takes their break.

Er...If they are eating sandwiches and drinking tea, why can't they
serve and eat at the same time?
And be paid a 'work-through lunch hour' of course.

Mike