Old September 6th 04, 02:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ian F. Ian F. is offline

Default You couldn't make it up!

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

It's possible of course that the staff in this particular booking office

had
asked for arrangements to be made for them to have a proper break, even if
that simply meant closing the window for half an hour, which had been
declined and they were making a protest.

Sheer bloody-mindedness, if you ask me. It would have been just a tiny tad
more effort to have sold my other half a ticket rather than telling her
'no'. Then, you have a happy customer and the revenue from the sale. If I
treated my clients like that, I wouldn't have any!

Ian