Old September 6th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Piccadilly Pilot Piccadilly Pilot is offline

Default You couldn't make it up!

Ian F. wrote:
"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

It's possible of course that the staff in this particular booking
office had asked for arrangements to be made for them to have a
proper break, even if that simply meant closing the window for half
an hour, which had been declined and they were making a protest.

Sheer bloody-mindedness, if you ask me. It would have been just a
tiny tad more effort to have sold my other half a ticket rather than
telling her 'no'. Then, you have a happy customer and the revenue
from the sale. If I treated my clients like that, I wouldn't have any!

From a narrow self-interested point of view it may well appear that way.
Since neither of us know the reason why the booking clerk behaved in the
manner described neither of us are in a position to make judgements are we?