Old September 6th 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Unenforceable banned right turn in Highgate London

In message , at 19:21:19 on Mon, 6 Sep
2004, Nick Finnigan remarked:
A good question is: who would prosecute a cyclist for passing a sign
that said "No Entry - Except Cyclists" (in this instance it allows
access to a contra-flow solid-line cycle lane on an otherwise one-way
street).

Downing Street? I thought someone posted a while ago that
the "No Entry" signs were each side of the main 'one-way'
lane, and so the contraflow cycle lane is not "No Entry".

The street with the sign I describe is in Peterborough [1].

And the signs are on opposite pavements.

I think that is legitimate signing, and any vehicle which fits
in the contra-flow lane may travel the 'wrong' way.

That's another way to do it.

[1] East end of Geneva St, where it joins Park Rd. But signs to cyclists
are a bit academic in that bit of town. They seem to think Park St from
the Co-op north has a contraflow cycle lane, but it's just not there!