Old September 6th 04, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Validity of +Any Permnitted during engineering works

Chris wrote:
I think that whilst "+" does mean valid for a cross-London transfer, it
*doesn't* mean that it is valid for any tube journey to get to King's
Cross.

Putney - Train/tube connection - KX - Peterborough - Local station
was the intended and valid route and I would have gotten the replacement bus
from Putney if they were more frequent and not full

Presumably I could miss out the Putney-Train/tube connection part and it
would have been valid from e.g. Vauxhall or Victoria (or West Brompton?) to
Kings Cross on the tube. If so, why not from South Kensington to KX?
Chris

The "+" routing only allows you connections between National Rail
stations - Richard has posted the official list in a separate reply. So
yes, it would have been valid from Vauxhall or Victoria (and indeed West
Brompton!). Unfortunately it's not valid from South Kensington - so if
you had caught a 74 from Putney to West Brompton and continued your
journey from there, you would have been fine.

These rules can be pretty stupid sometimes! (I wonder why they don't
include a clause allowing appropriate diversionary routes for
engineering works, particular in London - or just inform LU as appropriate).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7