Old September 6th 04, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Penton James Penton is offline

Default Sad day for London and farewell to faithful friends

"Adrian" wrote in message
.4...

From what I've read, the Wright Eclipse Gemini seems to be

considered
one of the best looking buses around.

By the salesmen? Never mind what you've *read* - what do you think?

I've
googled, found an image, and - ewww. One of those.

Sorry, should have made myself clearer - I think it's a great design
too, I'd say certainly one of the most striking bus bodies ever. And
it's not the salesmen that sing its praises. 'Buses' magazine seems
particularly taken by the Gemini, and I'm sure I remember reading
somewhere that people have been overheard commenting on the looks
(favourably).

I also think that the operators are latching onto this too - look at how
London General put Geminis onto the 11 to replace RMs, this being rather
a flagship route.

Does anyone know if the same sort of debate occurred when RMs came out,
e.g. comparing them to RTs?

James