Old September 7th 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Sad day for London and farewell to faithful friends

Am I alone in finding that RMs have much *better* legroom than newer
buses?

I'm still eagerly waiting to discover more about the proposed "heritage"
operations which have been mentioned in only the vaguest terms.

Whatever the pros and cons of RM operation (and I am an unashamed
supporter of the presence of good conductors on vehicles) I feel that a
heritage operation, akin to Melbourne's with W Class trams or San
Francisco's Cable cars or heritage PCC operation is a must.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for