Old September 7th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Letters at bus stops

"Jonn Elledge" typed

Our local stops have recently received letters. Those round the Bricklayer's
Arms roundabout have two letter codes beginning "B" (BC, BQ etc); further
down the Old Kent Road, the prefix is "E" for stops towards New Cross and
"W" for those heading into town. I'm assuming this is for East and West.

These codes currently serve no function whatsoever - the area isn't
spider-mapped, and there isn't even a "where to catch your bus" poster. Does
the appearance of these letters mean that maps like these are likely to
appear soon, or could there be another reason?

Guesses:
'Where to catch your bus' maps will appear soon
'Continuing your Journey from ***Station' maps are/wil be distributed
from *** Station.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.