Old July 29th 03, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cal Nihoni Cal Nihoni is offline

Default Extending the congestion charge zone

Dave Arquati wrote:
I don't think extending to Kensington & Chelsea has as many of these
problems because it's a much more affluent area less likely to be
economically hit by charging, and IMHO transport in the area is much
better than in Tower Hamlets (except for the DLR). I also hate seeing
buses speed down Piccadilly only to come to a grinding halt at Scotch
House.
However, depending on where they extend the zone to, it might or
might not upset some of my lecturers...

Well I live on the Hammersmith Road just opposite Olympia, and was
"consulted" by TfL for about half an hour about two months ago regarding the
possible extension of the zone, and I got the idea that the Shepherds Bush
Road and Warwick Road were both being considered as possible Western
borders. I imagine that if either of those were eventually chosen then lots
of the Imperial College staff would get upset!