Old September 7th 04, 11:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Turner John Turner is offline

Default You couldn't make it up!

"Ian F." wrote

The scene: EXT. DAY. Willesden Junction station ticket office 12 noon-ish
today, window open, woman sitting behind window

Mrs. Ian: "Can I have a ticket to Boundary Zone 3 please?"
Ticket office woman: "No, sorry - I'm on my break."

:-))))

Not restricted to WJ. A well known British manufacturer of model railway
equipment based in Devon once employed a Mrs Turner (no relation) who
revelled in answering the telephone during her lunch break and then
complaining that the caller was interrupting same.

Fortunately she has now retired!

John.