Old September 8th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nestor Badudoy Nestor Badudoy is offline

Default Bendy psychology

"Jim" wrote in message
Hello everyone

I use the 73. I love the old buses, but was also mildly interested in

seeing
these new creatures cruising down Essex Road. I remain infuriated by the
bunching and the slowness around Euston. I was basically open-minded about
the change to bendybuses.

However, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that my general state of mind

has
improved this week. I don't want to overstate it, but on stepping off a
bendybus I somehow just _feel better_ than when stepping off the old ones.

All these years on the old buses, I've been forced into a crouching,
cowering position, holding myself to myself to avoid damaging myself and
inconveniencing everyone else with my limbs and my height. I got on a 38
(old bus) just now and I felt completely hemmed in, almost claustrophobic.

wanted to get off.

On the new buses I can stand up straight, hold my head up, breathe

properly.
I feel stronger and more confident. OK now I'm sounding flaky, but this

was
a completely unexpected by-product of the change.

Jim

Well, each to their own there, Jim...

On my way home, I sometimes use the 453 from Oxford Circus to Lambeth North
during rush hour and I actually prefer using the 12 or 159 between these two
places, as the conductor is there to stop people overloading the bus,
whereas the bendy-driver can only monitor the front door, while the back of
the bus is like a can of sardines!

Maybe I'm just biased as it's always easier to get on the bus at the Oxford
Circus junction lights, rather than join the throng waiting at the actual
bus stop!

But that's just me, I guess...

Regards, one and all.
Nestor.
--
Please remove the spam-deflecting X's to reply directly to me - or simply
reply to the group!