Old September 8th 04, 07:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Blockade of cross London Thameslink services from Saturday 11thSeptember 2004 until 2005

Cadman wrote:

"eurostardriver" wrote in message
om...

Roland Perry wrote in message

o.uk...

In message , at 21:56:34 on
Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Robin Mayes
remarked:

Please avoid using Kings Cross underground station, if possible

Kentish Town or West Hampstead provide useful interchanges onto LUL,
but some clever person has decided Thameslink services will not call
at these stations between 07.30 and 09.30 to prevent overcrowding.
Doesn't make much sense to me as this means all passengers will be
forced into the Kings Cross/St Pancras area making the overcrowding
there 3 times worse.

Regards

E*driver

Thameslink didn't want this. It was at the insistance of LUL as they stated
that the platforms at West Hampstead and Kentish Town underground stations
cannot safely handle large numbers of pax.

Neil

Out of interest why is this? I could possibly understand Kentish Town
but West Hampstead seems to have pretty large platforms (although
admittedly not very many ticket gates - but those could be left open at
busy times). I'd be more concerned about overcrowding on the walking
route along West End Lane.

With more planning, maybe LUL could have stopped some Mets at West
Hampstead, allieviating the crowding issue. However I guess that would
have required a complicated recast of the timetable.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7