Old September 8th 04, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
A A A A is offline

Default Bendy psychology

"Jim" wrote in message
Hello everyone

I use the 73. I love the old buses, but was also mildly interested in seeing
these new creatures cruising down Essex Road. I remain infuriated by the
bunching and the slowness around Euston. I was basically open-minded about
the change to bendybuses.

However, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that my general state of mind has
improved this week. I don't want to overstate it, but on stepping off a
bendybus I somehow just _feel better_ than when stepping off the old ones.

All these years on the old buses, I've been forced into a crouching,
cowering position, holding myself to myself to avoid damaging myself and
inconveniencing everyone else with my limbs and my height. I got on a 38
(old bus) just now and I felt completely hemmed in, almost claustrophobic. I
wanted to get off.

On the new buses I can stand up straight, hold my head up, breathe properly.
I feel stronger and more confident. OK now I'm sounding flaky, but this was
a completely unexpected by-product of the change.

Jim

Interesting alternative viewpoint re. the bendies.

Don't think the majority would agree with you though, somehow I think most people will
continue to lament the passing of the Routemasters by the products of the devil's
engineering works.......A double decker bus journey across London will *always* be
preferable to any single decker cattle truck (bendy or otherwise).

Bring back the double deckers!