Old September 8th 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Bendy psychology

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:55:20 +0000 (UTC), "Nestor Badudoy"
wrote:

On my way home, I sometimes use the 453 from Oxford Circus to Lambeth North
during rush hour and I actually prefer using the 12 or 159 between these two
places, as the conductor is there to stop people overloading the bus,
whereas the bendy-driver can only monitor the front door, while the back of
the bus is like a can of sardines!

To be fair, if you look at the standing capacity figure of most modern
OMO buses, bendy or otherwise, it is usually substantially higher than
the "comfortable" standing level, so you do need to crush-load and
some before the bus is legally "full". A conductor-operated bus has a
significantly lower limit as the conductor still needs to be able to
move around the bus.

Anyway, I personally would rather stand on the bus than, umm, stand at
the bus stop...

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK