Old September 8th 04, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Validity of +Any Permnitted during engineering works

In article , (Dave Arquati)
wrote:

I think that whilst "+" does mean valid for a cross-London transfer, it
*doesn't* mean that it is valid for any tube journey to get to King's
Cross. The fare for whereever you started to Putney will be different
to the fare to East Putney - the latter fare will be more expensive as
it will be the cost of a return to King's Cross plus a Zone 1&2 return
on the Underground (£4.40).

Actually IME the converse is the case. From Cambridge, staying in Putney
overnight, I now have to pay significantly more to go to Putney (SWT) than
to East Putney (LU) on a Network Awaybreak. :-(

But my understanding of the + cross-London link symbol is that it only
allows travel between LUL stations nearest to main line stations. I
couldn't even board a train at Goodge St but had to go back to Euston.

--
Colin Rosenstiel