Old September 8th 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default Unenforced traffic ban on oxford street

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
The trouble is that there are so many variations in the times and
authorise vehicles for the bus lanes that it gets very confusing, even
for us professionals.

Perhaps, but I tend to avoid using bus lanes because you invariably end up
coming across obstructions like stopped buses or parked cars, and have to
then merge into an unsympathetic line of traffic. I can't be bothered with
the hassle of this, plus the risk of accident / general increase in stress
levels - if only most people in London drove with such calmness!

Of course, when I'm cycling round London it's another matter!