Old September 9th 04, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Unenforceable banned right turn in Highgate London

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Roland Perry) wrote:

A good question is: who would prosecute a cyclist for passing a sign
that said "No Entry - Except Cyclists" (in this instance it allows
access to a contra-flow solid-line cycle lane on an otherwise one-way
street). But the Cambridge city fathers seem convinced that someone
would get cross with them if they put up a sign which wasn't in the
book.

The Government won't allow such signs. Cambridge City Council would
dearly like to have some but we have been refused repeatedly. At least
one of our cycle contra flow arrangements is regarded as frowned upon by
the Government regional office.

Hang on - so how *should* such a situation be signed? For example, what
does Lloyd Baker Street look like from the Farringdon Road (or King's
Cross Road, there) end? That's a one-way street which feeds into
Farringdon Road, but which has a contraflow cycle lane up it (which is
mostly or entirely physically segregated, if that matters).

Since i've ridden up it more times than i've had hot dinners, i really
ought to know, but i tend not to pay too much attention to all that street
sign malarkey.

tom

--
So the moon is approximately 24 toasters from S****horpe.