Old September 9th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Howat Tony Howat is offline

Default Oyster Card refunds from strike

What are LU up to? They won't give refunds to year/annual oystercard
holders for the strike day (which was ages ago) until the card expires
or "the dispute is settled". Customer services told me this is because
the dispute could result in further strikes and multiple refunds would
be inconvenient for them! I pointed out to them that "their dispute"
wasn't my problem, and I believed I was entitled to the refund now.
They haven't returned calls or e-mails.

Don't statutory rights cover this sort of thing?

If LU were half honest wouldn't they have credited all Oystercards
valid that day with a day's free travel? I mean, the fancy pants
technology allows them to do such things, but as usual they appear to
be only interested in using it to screw the customer.

--
Tony