Old September 9th 04, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer Danny Colyer is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Ian F. wrote:
Isn't there anything you cyclists can do, as a group, to stop these idiots
cycling on pavements, running red lights and so on? Isn't there a pressure
organisation or something? How can we (pedestrians) help?

If only! It needs an effective public education campaign to encourage
new/returning cyclists to take training courses, ready availability of
such courses (they *are* available, if you know where to look) and ready
availability of Cycling Proficiency courses at all primary and secondary
schools.

It's starting to happen. Standard training courses have been developed
by CTC, among others, and seem to be effective (hopefully JohnB will be
along any minute to tell you all about them). But I'm sure it'll be
years before we notice any significant improvement.

Other than that, we could always adapt Spike Bike's techniques and
direct them towards the POB's :-)
URL:http://members.aol.com/clubnbc/spike_1.htm

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/