Old September 9th 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

"Ian F." typed

Isn't there anything you cyclists can do, as a group, to stop these idiots
cycling on pavements, running red lights and so on? Isn't there a pressure
organisation or something? How can we (pedestrians) help?

It's really *very* difficult.

Camden Cycling Campaign is trying to help the Council with some catchy
slogans to deter pavement cycling but we *aren't* responsible for other
POBs.

CCC members attended a meeting of campaigning pedestrians at Camden Town
Hall about three weeks ago. It was then reported in local papers that
'the enemy' had 'gatecrashed' the meeting. Co-operating with some groups
of pedestrians isn't always easy!

Enforcement of traffic law is the responsibility of the Police etc.

POBs give all cyclists a bad name and make campaigning for measures to
improve the lot of cyclists far more difficult.

The roads in Outer London are packed with drivers who are really hostile
to cyclists and frequently tell them to get onto the pavement. The local
Press can be very hostile too.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.